Hello and happy bump day. (Ha! I crack myself up.) It seems like my facebook feed is starting to fill up with baby bumps these days, and a couple of my close friends are actually sporting a bump of their own! Although it’s a ways off for me, I can’t resist all the cute baby stuff! This week’s IW is filled with precious little party themes to celebrate mommies-to-be and their soon-to-be bundles of joy.
Bright colors mixed with greys or tans make for a modern safari. Try a muted color animal print to tie everything together or for a pretty photo backdrop. I love all the elephants and giraffes!
Hot Air Balloons
Sayings: Special Delivery – Up up and away
I love whimsical clouds and hot-air balloons for baby, and combining it with
“Special Delivery” ties it all together.
Sayings: Precious Cargo – Baby on board
I’ve seen vintage travel themes for weddings, but I love it for a baby boy shower. There are
so many little things you can do with this theme too. Plus, how cute are those airplane
Sayings: Oh boy – Boy oh boy
Gentlemanly bowties and mustaches are very cute and modern. Mustaches are everywhere
these days, so it’s easy to find accessories for this theme. You can even design some
bowtie onesies as an activity.
Feather the Nest
Sayings: Nesting Birds – Look Whoo’s Expecting
Owls are another theme that you see a lot, but they are pretty cute. For a more masculine take on this idea, try a woodland owl theme – think faux bois, browns and pops of green.
Want more ideas? Check out these sites:
- Safari – Double Fun Parties, Honeycomb Events, The Cake Blog, Baby Lifestyles, HWTM, Chic & Cheap Nursery
- Hot Air Balloon – The Party Press, Sweet Designs by Amy Atlas, Gros Grain Fabulous, Next to Nicx
- Vintage Travel – Etsy, Hostess with the Mostess
- Little Man – One Young Love, Baby Lifestyles, Etsy, Pleated Poppy, Belva June, Remarkable Home, Minted
- Feather the Nest – Martha Stewart, Bump Smitten, HWTM, Art of Dessert, Etsy